SPDR S&P Retail ETFDisclaimer : Sections of this page are auto-generated by Artificial Intelligence and shall not be understood as Investment Advice
This page was updated : 2023-05-21 03:43:02 UTC
UBS' Lasser predicts that discretionary retail is currently in a recession and the situation is expected to deteriorate further.
Based on these articles
As an investment analyst, the business model of the SPDR S&P Retail ETF can be understood as a passive investment vehicle that seeks to track the performance of the S&P Retail Select Industry Index. The ETF invests in a diversified portfolio of retail companies that are listed on US stock exchanges and have a market capitalization of at least $500 million. The ETF's objective is to provide investors with exposure to the retail sector, which includes companies engaged in the sale of consumer goods and services through various channels such as ...
Yahoo - Business Overview
In seeking to track the performance of the S&P Retail Select Industry Index (the "index"), the fund employs a sampling strategy. It generally invests substantially all, but at least 80%, of its total assets in the securities comprising the index. The index represents the retail segment of the S&P Total Market Index ("S&P TMI").
Risk Rating (Yahoo)
ESG Score (Yahoo)
Market Cap (USD)
Flags & Key Risks
- Market risk: The value of the SPDR S&P Retail ETF may decline due to changes in the overall market conditions, such as economic downturns, political instability, or changes in interest rates.
- Sector risk: The ETF is focused on the retail sector, which is subject to specific risks, such as changes in consumer behavior, competition, and regulatory changes.
- Liquidity risk: The ETF may experience difficulties in buying or selling securities due to low trading volumes, which may result in higher transaction costs or delays in executing trades.
- Tracking error risk: The ETF may not perfectly track the performance of the underlying index, resulting in a tracking error that may negatively impact returns.
- Currency risk: The ETF may invest in securities denominated in foreign currencies, which may be subject to fluctuations in exchange rates that may negatively impact returns.
1. Diversified portfolio of retail companies 2. Low expense ratio compared to other retail ETFs 3. High liquidity and trading volume 4. Provides ...
1. Vulnerable to economic downturns and consumer spending patterns 2. Limited exposure to international retail markets 3. Concentrated holdings in top companies may lead to higher risk 4. May not provide as much potential for growth compared to individual stocks
1. Growing e-commerce and online retail industry 2. Increasing consumer demand for sustainable and socially responsible companies 3. Expansion into international retail markets 4. Potential for consolidation within the retail industry
1. Intense competition within the retail industry 2. Economic downturns and recessions 3. Changes in consumer spending patterns 4. Government regulations and policies affecting the retail sector
Thesis for SPDR S&P Retail ETF
The SPDR S&P Retail ETF is poised for growth as the economy recovers and consumer spending increases. As more people return to shopping in stores and online, retailers in the ETF are likely to see increased sales and profits. Additionally, the ETF include ...
The SPDR S&P Retail ETF may experience fluctuations in the short term as the retail industry continues to adapt to changing consumer behavior and economic conditions. While some retailers may struggle, others may thrive, leading to a mixed performance ...
The SPDR S&P Retail ETF may face headwinds as the retail industry undergoes significant disruption from e-commerce and changing consumer preferences. Additionally, economic uncertainty and high levels of debt among some retailers could lead to ...
7 hours ago @Seeking Alpha
XRT: Fake-Out Or Melt-Up?
|#XRT #michael-a-gayed-cfa #cfa-charter-holders #etfs-and-funds #etf-analysis #sa-exclusive|
20 days ago @CNBC Television
Discretionary retail is already in a recession and likely to get worse, says UBS' Lasser
|#XRT #recession #retail #lasser #squawk #shrinkage|
1 month ago @24/7 Wall Street
Unusual Options Flow in KRE, QQQ, GDX and 3 Other ETFs
1 month ago @ETF Trends
It's the Economy That Matters: Inflation and More
|No research found for|
|No filings found for|
|No lawsuits found for|